The Montalembert with its convenient location on the Left Bank, well connected with the main means of transport is the ideal place to enjoy Paris. Summer Events/Festivals: Paris is really well-known for organizing festivals and musical events during July and August. Montalembert recommends some of them.
During July and August Paris is not just a destination for culture and art, the City of Light offers unique activities and events intended for the summer season. Also, you could find different spots and places for your holidays with your couple, family or a group of friends.
This is the proposal that our concierge has prepared specially for you: Paris with kids: ideal places to discover with children and to get fun with the whole family. Many museums and monuments offer guided visits and workshops for kids, accompanied or not by their parents, who can perhaps take the chance to have a break or do some shopping. Most are free for under-18s, or reductions apply if not.
Paris, city of art and culture: the district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where the Montalembert Hotel is the ideal place to begin a route discovering the classical sights of the town and plunging into ancient history. Admission to the permanent collections of museums run by the Paris City Council (Ville de Paris) is free and admission to national museums is free on the first Sunday of each month. Certain museums also offer free admission other days of the week. Most of the monuments in Paris stay open at the weekend and close on one weekday, as well as on some public holidays.
- La Tour Saint-Jacques - Recently restored, it is now revealed to the Parisians. For the curious ones and the followers of the panoramic views, get in shape walking up the stairs of one of the most historic towers of Paris.
- Fête des Tuileries - All the fun of the fair with some 60 attractions in the Tuileries Gardens, classic fun fair rides.
- Paris Plages - Once again this summer some of the roads beside the river will be closed to traffic and will be taken over by walkers, cyclists and roller-bladers. The annual event attracts Parisians and tourists alike for a seaside feel in the heart of the French capital.
- Grand Nocturnal Fountains - At nightfall, the royal gardens of Versailles becomes a visual and audio journey, a mixture of art and musical fireworks.
- Open-Air Cinema - Every July and August, families, couples and groups of friends gather on the lawn with picnics to watch free films, many of which are in English, on the giant screen.
- Pestacles: Children's Festival - Calling all little ones, here's the opportunity for you to have some fun! The Pestacles are back this summer, with theatre, puppets and an interactive show… what could be better?
- Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie / Cité des enfants / Universcience - Aquarium, 3-D cinema, Cités des Enfants, des Métiers, de la Santé, exhibitions, media library, planetarium, workshops, etc. Difficult to fit everything in at one go!
- The new promenade on the river (Left Bank) - Do not miss more than 2.3 miles of shoreline between the Royal and the Alma bridges to hang out, have fun, relax or maybe enjoy the tasty French cuisine. See you there!
- d'Orsay Museum
- Louvre Museum
- Rodin Museum
- The Eiffel Tower
- Les Invalides
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- Arc de Triomphe
- Cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris
- Basilica of the Sacré Coeur de Montmartre
- National Day July 14th - Military Parade, march of the fire parade and fireworks.
- Paris Jazz Festival - The Visitors can take part in debates and discussions, visit photo exhibitions and are invited to relax in the Flower Garden or Parc floral in Paris. The festival offers concerts and events every weekend in June and July.
- Music in the garden (Jardins musicaux) - Musical promenades amongst the fountains and copses of the famous gardens of the Château de Versailles created at the request of Louis XIV.
© Hotel Montalembert Paris3 rue de Montalembert75007 ParisFrance
T +33 (0)1 45 49 68 68